Monday, April 11, 2011

And so it begins...

I'm not sure where it came from. One moment I was dancing the night away in a beer-infested excuse for a night club in Cincinnati, flirting with whatever passed as a "cute boy" or giggling with my flock of gays while pretending to be aloof, and the next moment I have a husband and live in Chicago with two cats, a condo on the lake, and a 8 - 5 job deciphering spreadsheets and databases. Somewhere along the way, I was smacked with Adulthood.

Don't get me wrong: I still work damn hard against that villainous advances of Adulthood. I still party, I still drink, I still go out with the boys. But Adulthood is slowly winning the fight.

I use to go out Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Tuesday night, with an occasional drag show tossed in on Sundays for good measure. Now it's all I can do to get to a bar on a Friday night and not yawn my way through conversations, and Saturdays are like my high-holy day of the week made for rest and catching up on Glee and Ru Paul's Drag Race. I use to start drinking and think of what crazy antics I'd get in to that night, but now I start drinking and immediately mentally check that I have nothing on my To Do list for the next day and that we have ample amounts of Excedrin in the medicine cabinet.

Life has changed quite a bit in the past few years. And this is where my lovely Reliquary comes in to play. I've blogged about technology, video games, and politics (and a whole bunch of other crap), but I think my life has finally gotten to the point where blogging about any of those extraneous topics is just too much work. So now I'm just going to talk about my life. Yay for you!

I want to share the quirks, the good times, and all the random oddities that come with transitioning to Adulthood. This will be a personal adventure for me, and I'm hoping that you'll come along and share in it with me.

To be more specific, my goals for this blog are to share stories about my life, observations about the world I live in, and to generally avoid gross dramatization. And I want you to be a part of that by chipping in on the discussion.

Who Am I?

I'm a 30-something Chicagoan, living in Edgewater with my husband and our two cats. I work for a big, national corporation analyzing stuff. Like most of us, that boils down to me finding ways for the company to makes vast sums of money while I take home just a modest portion of it all. It's good work though, so I don't complain… much.

I'm also a musician, a gamer, and a general nerd in hiding. By hiding, I mean that kind of hiding the cat does when he's running from you and hides under the bed but leaves his tail sticking out. Cute, but ultimately not very effective.

I'm also a big music fan, but I'm very particular with my tastes (otherwise known as a "snob," or so my husband says). I'm also very opinionated, but I like to think that I've learned to be open to opposing positions. Unless, of course, it's a stupid position. I've also been know to be very dry and sarcastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment