Thursday, July 14, 2011

Provincetown, The Perfect Getaway

The husband and I have been off on a vacation this past week in Provincetown, Massachusetts.  It's both of our first times here in New England, and I have to say that I am thoroughly enjoying this town!

P-Town, as it's otherwise known, is a beautiful little village.  It's a beach town at the very end of Cape Cod, and it's known to be a very gay-friendly town.  Not exactly a gay specific town, but a town that is very open and accepting of many different walks of life.

We came specifically for Bear Week with a few friends, and I have to be honest when I say that I was a bit worried that this would turn into a week long party similar to Southern Decadence.  I've been pleasantly surprised that the week has been a nice balance of high and low activity time, with beach lounging, partying and friend time being balanced quite well.

If I were to have one complaint, it would be that P-Town is a bit pricey, so it's not the vacation for those looking for fun and relaxation on the cheap.  But if you prepare and budget for this place, it's amazing.  It's been exactly the vacation I've needed.

I'll leave you with a couple pictures, one of the view we saw on the dunes bike trail yesterday and one of the baby shark post being eaten we saw on our first day here.


No comments:

Post a Comment